A crude bomb was hurled in a bylane near the residence of one of the lawyers of other gangster-turned-politician Atiq Ahmed on Tuesday, the police said.
There was no immediate report of any casualty in the explosion that occurred at around 2.30 pm in the Katra locality in Prayagraj, they said.
SHO of Kernalganj police station Ram Mohan Rai claimed Atiq’s lawyer Dayashankar Mishra was not the target and the incident was a fallout of personal enmity between two youths. However, the lawyer claimed that it was an attempt “to create fear and terror”.
“I was in court when my son informed me that bombs had been hurled. I was rushed home. …I thought this was done to frighten me, to create terror. It is a big conspiracy… It is for the police to find out who is behind this,” Mishra told reporters.
“My daughter and the locals saw that there was one person involved and three bombs were hurt,” he claimed.
Forensic experts had gathered evidence from the spot, the police said, adding further action was being taken.
“The crude bomb was hurled due to the personal enmity of two youths in Katra locality. It was a coincidence that the incident occurred near the house of one of the advocates of Atiq Ahmad, who resides in the locality,” the SHO claimed.
Atiq Ahmed and his brother Ashraf were shot dead on Saturday night in dramatic circumstances during a media scrum while being escorted by police in Prayagraj.
- Akron police detail Jayland Walker firing shot after footage released
- Pages From Brian Laundrie's Notebook Released From Lawyer – CBS Tampa
- Houston County DA's office speaks on crime in Warner Robins
- Attorneys for Trump in New Mexico confront new scrutiny | Govt-and-politics
- Hickory attorney discusses client's DWI acquittal, Cody says lawyers help keep prosecutors, law officers accountable | Crime News